Chef Battle, a national cooking competition produced by Social Power Hour, announces its inaugural Chef Battle Las Vegas event on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. at Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas (4510 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89169).
Chefs have one hour in a culinary face-off to create their best dish. Once the clock starts, chefs have one minute to grab as many ingredients as they can from the mystery pantry. The six competing chefs are allowed a Sous Chef to help their game plan. During the hour, Chef Battle opens a 30-second “second chance” pantry run, to add a last-minute touch to their dish. The timer stops and then the samples for crowd’s choice help decide who will be named the Judge’s Choice and Crowd’s Choice. Both winning chefs will advance to the West Coast Regionals in Anaheim, California on November 3, 2019 for a chance to continue to the All-American Chef Battle in early 2020.
- Peter Rochford, Chef de Partie at Trump Tower Las Vegas
- Will Staten, Chef/Owner of Ragin’ Cajun Cookin’
- Jon VanHusen, Private Chef/Chef Consultant at Tingle Labs
- Amanda Woodward, Banquet Sous Chef at Cosmopolitan
- Oscar Sanchez, Executive Chef/Owner of Oscar Catering
- Amirah Brown, Independent Chef
- Shaun O’Neale, MasterChef Season 7 Winner and Author of “My Modern American Table”
- Michael Politz, Founder & Editor-In-Chief Food & Beverage Magazine
“We’re thrilled to come to Las Vegas for the area’s inaugural Chef Battle,” says Matt Hensler, Founder, Social Power Hour. “The competition will be fierce and the community has been so supportive that we’re hoping to make this an annual event!”
Attendees will experience a live cooking competition for thrilling entertainment, samples from each of the chefs, two sponsored Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas beer drink tickets and more!
The event is hosted by Samantha Thomas, Host of Small Talk with Samantha — a lifestyle talk show. Chef Battle benefits The Golden Rule Charity. Vegas Sponsors include Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas, Breakthru Beverage Group and Food + Travel Today.
To purchase tickets, go to Eventbrite. Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas is open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays until midnight. For more information, follow Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.