To kick off Quad Cities Restaurant Week, Chef Battle presented by Social Power Hour launches its first Quad Cities live cooking competition at the Quad Cities Waterfront Convention Center (2021 State St., Bettendorf, IA 52722) on Thursday, February 22 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Chefs will battle to create the best dish in one hour. All dishes must include pork as an ingredient.
- Connor Larson, Executive Chef + Owner, Roscoe and Sous Chef at Duck City Bistro
- Douglas Westerfield, Executive Chef, Rent-a-chef
- Chris Torres, Chef, Hy-Vee
- Phillip Cathoir, Head Chef Supreme, 3F Foods
- Connor Green, Executive Chef, Thunder Bay Grille
- Justin Scardina, Director of Catering, Norse Culinary Team at Luther College
- Douglas Lear, Executive Chef at Bass Street Chop House
- Travis Atkins, Head Chef, Brew in the Village
- Nicolas Griffon, Private Chef, Quad Cities Private French Chef
- Kathleen Chalupa, Scott County Pork Producers
- Molly Otting Carlson, VP Destination Development, Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Rich Smice, Corporate Executive Chef / Chef Consultant / Brands Manager, Performance Foodservice
WQAD’s Taylor Graham will be the event’s emcee. Tickets are available on Eventbrite for $35 and include live entertainment, samples from chefs, voting ballot for crowd’s favorite, and 2 tickets for draft beer sponsored by Food News Today. If tickets are available at the door, tickets will cost $40. Partial proceeds will benefit the Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Chef Battle Quad Cities sponsors include Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau, Performance Foodservice, Isle of Capri, Iowa Pork Producers, Quad Cities Waterfront Convention Center, Boxed Water, Scott County Pork Producers, WQAD and Food News Today.
The sixth annual Quad Cities Restaurant Week presented by the Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau takes place from February 26 through March 4 featuring 30 Quad Cities’ area eateries and their specials for lunch and dinner. Participating restaurants are offering $7-$10 lunches and $15-$30 multi-course dinners.
For more information, visit http://socialpowerhour.com.