To make this already-simple recipe even easier, Celebrity Chef Luca Manfè, winner of Masterchef Season 4 takes at-home cooks step-by-step in this How-To video.
Bauli's Panettone Berry Trifle
Author: Chef Luca Manfè
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Panettone
- 2 cups of Raspberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp Marsala
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 2 cups Custard cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Fresh cream
- Ingredients for the Mascarpone Cream:
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Cut the Panettone cake into slices eliminating all of the upper crust. Then cut into cubes and place the cut Panettone in glasses.
- Pour the raspberries into a bowl then marinate with lemon juice, 250 ml sugar and 4 tbsp Marsala wine in a saucepan.
- Whisk the 250 ml mascarpone cheese until creamy then gradually add in the 500 ml cream and 2 tsp vanilla extract, stirring constantly to properly combine all the ingredients.
- Begin the trifle by placing a layer of cake on the bottom of the cup followed by a layer of berries and a layer of mascarpone cream.
- Finish with whipped cream and add some berries.
- Put the trifle in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- After one hour, it will be ready to serve.
- Directions for the Mascarpone Cream:
- In a stand mixer combine mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a large metal bowl.
- With an electric mixer on high, beat until the mascarpone cream starts to seize and thicken.
- Turn mixer speed to low and slowly drizzle in milk, beating until well combined.
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.