(CHICAGO)— Giving mom the perfect present for Mother’s Day may not always be easy, but spending time with her is always a great idea. Chicagoland restaurants and hotels are celebrating Mother’s Day with extravagant brunches, complimentary mimosas, spa services, and specials guaranteed to make any mom smile.
Take Mother’s Day to New Heights
Cindy’s (12 S. Michigan Ave.)
- Spend this mother’s day perched above Millennium Park with breathtaking views of Lake Michigan at Cindy’s, located on the 13th floor of the historic Chicago Athletic Association hotel. Treat mom to the indulgence she deserves with decadent options for brunch including Island Creek Sterling Caviar served with an update to the classic accompaniments: ramp blinis, farm egg mimosa, shallot, and crème fraiche. For an additional treat, pair with a bottle of Perier-Jouet ‘Grand Brut.’ Another option for mom is the Farm Egg Omelette with Sterling Caviar served with shaved purple asparagus and radish salad with preserved kumquat vinaigrette and local chevre.
- Cindy’s Mother’s Day brunch is available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For reservations, call 312.792.3502 or visit http://www.cindysrooftop.com.
A Big, Beautiful Brunch Buffet
Howells & Hood (435 N. Michigan Ave.)
- Celebrate mom with a lavish brunch buffet at this Magnificent Mile gem. Howells & Hood dishes up a brunch buffet fit for a queen, complete with shakshuka baked eggs with goat cheese, veggies, and polenta, a charcuterie & cheese station, seasonal fruit and berries, deviled eggs, and more. Guests can create a masterpiece at the omelet station, with toppings such as Applewood bacon, Esposito sausage, wild mushrooms, veggies, cheeses, and more, or grab protein at the carving station filled with country ham and prime rib. For a sweet fix, grab mom an array of chocolate caramel bites, mini red velvet cupcakes, and salted pistachio brittle.
- Unlimited Mother’s Day brunch buffet is available from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 13 for $39 per person. Reservations are available here.
Mom’s Rooftop Reward
- This Mother’s Day, I|O Godfrey invites moms to indulge in some rooftop relaxation. At I|O Godfrey’s Mother’s Day brunch buffet, moms and their families can all enjoy a spread of brunch favorites from Executive Chef Nathaniel Cayer, such as an omelet station, housemade pastas and salads, waffles, a carving station, and more.
- Rain or shine, moms can delight in sweeping city views, thanks to the rooftop’s retractable glass enclosure. While kids are having fun in the play room, deserving moms can sip on a Rainbow Sangria or Chef’s Margarita.
- I|O Godfrey’s Mother Day brunch buffet is available on Sunday, May 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations are $39 for adults and $12 for children. Spots can be reserved via OpenTable.
Treat Mom Like A Queen
Lawry’s The Prime Rib (100 E. Ontario St.)
- Calling all moms—put your feet up and get ready for a Mother’s Day feast in the comfort of your home. Guests can skip the Mother’s Day crowds and give mom a truly relaxing day at home with Lawry’s feast to-go. Families can order from to-go menu, with a la carte options available, including a Half Prime Rib roast (feeds 6-7) for $195 or a Whole Prime Rib roast (serves 12-14) for $360. Family-style meals are also available and include classic accompaniments such as the Original Spinning Bowl Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Spinach, Creamed Corn, and more. Family-style pricing is $275 (feeds 6-7) and $435 (feeds 12-14).
- Lawry’s is open from 12 to 8 p.m. on Mother’s Day. To go orders must be placed at least 48 hours in advance and can be made by calling 312.787.5000 or emailing Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mother’s Day Paradise in the Gold Coast
Maple & Ash (8 W. Maple St.)
- This year for Mother’s Day, Maple & Ash, the innovative Gold Coast steakhouse, invites guests to a special Mother’s Day celebratory brunch featuring Maple & Ash staples and a few fun surprises. Indulge and celebrate the special woman in your life with Executive Chef Danny Grant’s Fire Roasted Seafood Towers, chef-manned pancake stations, carving stations, exceptional sweets & treats from Aya Pastry, and a glass of complimentary champagne for all women being celebrated.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Maple & Ash is served from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. and is priced at $90 per person exclusive of tax and gratuity. Reservations can be made on OpenTable, or by calling the restaurant at 312.944.8888.
Mercat a la Planxa (638 S. Michigan Ave.)
- This Mother’s Day, Mercat a la Planxa debuts their brand-new Barcelona Brunch, complete with a revamped menu of savory Spanish eats from Barcelona native Chef Diego Amat. Gusts can choose from the Truita de Samo, a potato omelette with smoked salmon, fried capers, red onion, and roasted tomato cream cheese or the Cochinillo for Two, a roasted suckling pig served with Spanish-style grilled onions, brunch potatoes, and housemade sauces. The Barcelona Brunch also launches a build your own bottle service option with a bottle of Cava or sparkling rose for the table complete with fresh fruit juice and accoutrements, so guests can customize their brunch drink. As a special treat for all the moms at brunch this Mother’s Day, each mother will be treated to a complimentary mimosa.
- Brunch is available from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. Guests can make reservations by calling 312.765.0524 or online.
Portillo’s Chocolate Cake to Share with Mom
Portillo’s (Available online for nationwide shipping, and at all Portillo’s locations)
- Mother’s Day just got a little sweeter: Portillo’s is bringing back its Heart-Shaped Chocolate Cakes ($15.99) for a limited-time only. The iconic Chicago brand is making it easier than ever to show mom how much you care, with cakes available for delivery or in-store pick-up from May 10-13. Cakes are also available for nationwide shipping through Portillo’s online store.
- Portillo’s Heart-Shaped Cakes are available to ship nationwide from May 1 – 31, via portillos.com. Orders include one single-layer chocolate cake, spatula, and do-it-yourself icing for $39.99.
- Heart-Shaped Cakes will be available for pick-up in-store from May 10-13. Beginning April 23, customers pre-order the sweet treat by calling 866.YUM.BEEF or ordering online at www.portillos.com, or visiting or calling the Portillo’s store nearest to them.
Golden Girls Brunch
Split-Rail (2500 West Chicago Ave.)
- Blanche, Rose, and the rest of the Golden Girls welcome mothers to Split-Rail’s Golden Girls-themed brunch on Mother’s Day. Guests can choose a dish based on their favorite Golden Girls character, like Dorothy (eggs benedict), Sophia (breakfast pasta), or Blanche (shrimp and grits). Even better, Golden Girls fans can “talk it out” with their moms over a deconstructed version of cheesecake.
- Brunch is served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, and reservations can be made by calling 773.697.4413.
Celebrate Mom with an Elaborate Brunch
The Signature Room (875 N. Michigan Ave.)
- Treat mom to an indulgent brunch this Mother’s Day, with city views to match. Executive Chef Cardel Reid prepares an extensive brunch buffet, including a Starters Buffet of chilled seafood, salad, charcuterie, fresh fruit, soup, tea sandwiches, and more. Chef-attended stations carve up savory Prime Rib and prepare Customized Omelets, and entrée options vary from Eggs Benedict to Seared Barramundi. Plus, desserts ranging from Freshly Baked Cookies to a Sundae Bar are sure to satisfy her sweet tooth.
- Mother’s Day brunch is served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, May 13 for $80 per adult and $35 per child, excluding tax and gratuity. Children under the age of three eat for free. Pricing includes one glass of Signature Room Sparkling Wine and choice of soda, juice, coffee, and tea. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 312.280.0465. The restaurant opens for regular dinner service from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
Sweep Mom Off Her Feet Spa Style
JW Marriott Chicago (151 W. Adams St.)
- Treat mom to something special this year and gift her an experience that will sweep her off her feet – literally. Choose from the various lavish treatments available at Spa at JW Chicago and let mom get whisked away inside 20,000 sq. ft. of luxury spa space. Treatments available include the Hydrating Massage, using Moroccanoil Body Soufflé for a full body Swedish massage with nourishing scalp treatment to increase immunity and reduce stress; Warm-Up Stone Massage, radiates deep heat using basalt stones for a full body massage to ease sore muscles leaving mom feel deeply grounded and relaxed; or for mommy’s-to-be, treat her to a Maternity Massage, complete body massage using specific pre-natal techniques to increase circulation, alleviate tired muscles and reduce water retention.
- For more information and to book an appointment at Spa at JW Chicago visit jwmarriottchicago.com/spa or call 312.660.8250.
Only the Best Brunch for Mom
LondonHouse Chicago (85 E. Upper Wacker Dr., Floor 3)
- From LondonHouse Chicago’s Juliette Grand Ballroom, mom can enjoy a luxe brunch spread fit for a queen. Executive Chef Jacob Verstegen crafts reimagined brunch favorites in honor of Mother’s Day, including housemade Toffee Cake, gooey Cinnamon Rolls, Eggs Benedict with spicy hollandaise, Smashed Potatoes with chimichurri, Roast Whitefish, and more. Moms can celebrate their day enjoying the buffet and brunch cocktails while taking in the river views from the ballroom’s floor-to-ceiling windows. For the kids, LondonHouse offers a Build-Your-Own-Cookie station, finger sandwiches, and more breakfast classics.
- Mother’s Day brunch at LondonHouse Chicago takes place on Sunday, May 13 with three seatings at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., and 1 p.m. Tickets are $54/person and may be purchased at lhmothersday.eventbrite.com.
Give Mom the Luxe Life
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel (521 N. Rush St.)
- In honor of Mother’s Day, The Gwen is offering specialty brunch items. On Sunday, May 13 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Executive Chef Matt Jergens serves a Lump Crab and Leek Frittata ($18) with avocado, fresh chili and arugula; New England Lobster Roll Benedict ($21) with brioche, tarragon, hollandaise and dressed greens; and White Asparagus ($17) with half dozen quail eggs, charred ramps and truffle mornay. Additionally, all mothers who dine at The Gwen for brunch will receive a complimentary glass of rosé and box of truffles.
- Throughout the day, Upstairs at The Gwen will also offer a specialty cocktail, The Anchor (photo) featuring thyme-infused vodka, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, and raspberry syrup topped with Moet Rosé.
- For reservations, guests can visit www.thegwenchicago.com/upstairs or call 312.645.1500.
Let Mom Know She’s Pretty in Pink
The Langham, Chicago (330 N. Wabash Ave.)
- Treat mom to a Mother’s Day she’ll never forget at The Langham, Chicago with an extravagant, pretty in pink-themed Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet with sweet and savory options. Set throughout the elegant second floor, the hotel’s Executive Chef Damion Henry will collaborate with his team to present guests with an expansive brunch spread, with menu options including: Poached Eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon, Caramel Pecan French Toast with chantilly cream, and Vanilla Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffles. Indulgent favorites include a bountiful ocean seafood station featuring such delicacies as Chilled Jumbo Shrimp, Alaskan Snow Crab and King Crab, and a seasonal selection of oysters. A Carving Station with Sous vide Tomahawk Rib Eye Steaks and Truffle Butter Roasted Whole will delight guests, along with an Omelet Station, featuring cage-free eggs and egg whites with choices for cheese, meats, and vegetables. The Smoke House Station will offer three different house-smoked and cured salmons, sliced heirloom tomatoes, cream cheeses, and bagels. In true brunch fashion, the hotel will offer guests a complimentary mimosa upon arrival. Finally, those looking to end their meal on a sweet note can visit the Crepe Station, or choose from a lavish selection of tarts, éclairs, petit fours, cakes, macaroon, cookies, and candies.
- In addition to indulging in the decadent Mother’s Day Buffet, guests can sit back and enjoy the relaxing music of a live acoustic band and the fanciful illusions of a magician.
- Seating available from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Adults are $155 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity) and children up to 12 years old are $50 each (exclusive of tax and gratuity), ages 4 and under eat for free. To make reservations, please call 312.923.7705 or visit www.langhamhotels.com/chicago.
Memorable Mother’s Day Brunch
Torali Italian – Steak at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago (160 E. Pearson St.)
- Make Mother’s Day with the entire family a memorable occasion with an extravagant brunch buffet 12 floors up at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago. Mom will feel like a true queen with live entertainment, a special gift for her, a complimentary glass of bubbles and activities to keep the kids entertained as well. Menu highlights include Fruits de Mer featuring snow crab claws gulf shrimp and fresh shucked east and west coast oysters, made-to-order omelet and waffle stations, a Taste of Asia station, Whole Fish and Beef Tenderloin Carving stations, a local butcher and cheese market and to top it all off, a parmesan reggiano pasta wheel.
- Mother’s Day brunch takes place on Sunday, May 13 with seatings at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago’s Mother’s Day brunch is $155 per adult and $52 per child exclusive of tax & gratuity. To make reservations, please call 312.573.5160, email email@example.com or visit www.toralichicago.com. A credit card is required at the time of booking.